How we use Facebook Data on our website
The Facebook Pixel may use Customer Data using cookies for the following purposes:
- Contact Information for Matching
- You instruct us to process the Contact Information solely to match the Contact Information against Facebook’s or Instagram’s user IDs (“Matched User IDs”), as well as to combine those user IDs with corresponding Event Data. We will delete Contact Information following the match process.
- Event Data for Measurement and Analytics Services
- You instruct us to process Event Data (a) to prepare reports on your behalf on the impact of your advertising campaigns and other online content (“Campaign Reports”) and (b) to generate analytics and insights about your customers and their use of your apps, websites, products and services (“Analytics”).
- We grant to you a non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use the Campaign Reports and Analytics for your internal business purposes only and solely on an aggregated and anonymous basis for measurement purposes. You will not disclose the Campaign Reports or Analytics, or any portion thereof, to any third party, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by us. We will not disclose the Campaign Reports or Analytics, or any portion thereof, to any third party without your permission, unless (i) they have been combined with Campaigns Reports and Analytics from numerous other third parties and (ii) your identifying information is removed from the combined Campaign Reports and Analytics.
- Event Data To Create Targetable Audiences
- We may process the Event Data to create audiences (including Website Custom Audiences, Mobile App Custom Audiences, and Offline Custom Audiences) that are grouped together by common Event Data, which you may use to target ad campaigns. In our sole discretion, we may also allow you to share these audiences with other advertisers.
- Event Data To Deliver Commercial and Transactional Messages
- We may use the Matched User IDs and associated Event Data to help you to reach people with transactional and other commercial messages on Messenger and other Facebook Company Products.
- Event Data to Personalize Features and Content and to Improve and Secure the Facebook Products
- We use Event Data to personalize the features and content (including ads and recommendations) we show people on and off our Facebook Company Products. In connection with ad targeting and delivery optimization, we will: (i) use your Event Data for delivery optimization only after aggregating such Event Data with other data collected from other advertisers or otherwise collected on Facebook Products; and (ii) not allow other advertisers or third parties to target advertising solely on the basis of your Event Data.
- We may also use Event Data to promote safety and security on and off the Facebook Company Products, for research and development purposes, and to maintain the integrity of and to improve the Facebook Company Products.
If you don’t want Facebook to use your data, please follow these instructions: https://www.zdnet.com/article/to-stop-facebook-tracking-you-across-the-web-change-these-settings/